Image Map

My longest blog post ever.

17 October 2010

Excuse me for a few minutes while I brag about the good deals I got on all my cute baby stuff :)

When I would babysit my neighbor's baby in high school, this was my favorite item in his nursery. His glider chair was so comfortable, and he would just fall asleep in my arms. I loved it because the ottoman glides too... making it really easy to rock back and forth with out any work. The only problem is, these chairs are a couple hundred dollars, and we don't have that kind of money just laying around.

One night, Jared just happened to see an advertisement on our school's "craiglist" page for this lovely glider chair! A lady was having her second baby, and didn't have room in her tiny apartment for this chair. So she was selling it for SUPER cheap. I can't wait to rock my own baby in it!

This is our lovely Chicco car seat! It is exactly the one I wanted. It took me forever to decide on this brand, style, and color.

I chose this Chicco car seat because it secures the baby from 4-30lbs, which means the baby can go straight to a booster from this car seat....which saves money because we won't have to buy a forward facing car seat, before the booster. It is also rated #1 in America for safety and ease of use. I like it because it's not big and bulky like a lot of car seats, and it's super lightweight. Chicco might be a little pricey compared to other car seats, but we got this one 25% off thanks to my friend Carley, and her Baby's R Us coupon, so really it ended up being cheaper than most. This car seat comes in TONS of different patterns, and colors, but we finally decided on this orange one. We wanted a gender neutral color, so we can use it for other kids down the road. That meant the blue one was out, the green was too boyish, the yellow was too girlish, the grey was too boring and the red was cool, but everyone has that... so we chose orange! Completely gender neutral, and something that stands out. Then our only problem was that we needed a stroller to fit the car seat.

The Chicco strollers were not only too expensive, but they didn't have any I liked. I wanted one with a single handlebar across the top, (so I can push it with one hand without it going flying sideways off the sidewalk) I wanted a cup holder for my water bottle, and a place to store my ipod. I also wanted a stroller with wheels that I could take on a walking trail with bumps and rocks on the path.
We went stroller shopping in Salt Lake, and found THIS BABY. It is a Baby Trend Velocity Jogging Stroller. It had everything I wanted (single bar/my cup holder trey/all terrain wheels), plus more! The seat reclines all the way down, it has a huge storage basket underneath, it's super easy to fold, the front wheel can lock for jogging or swivel for everyday use, and it is about 5lbs lighter than most jogging strollers. It also has a speedometer and odometer (which I completely don't need) but LOVE because I can tell how fast and how far i'm going. OH, and it has a place I can hook my ipod into, and built in speakers! I'm one spoiled mama. The best part about this stroller is the ridiculously good price we got it for. We had stopped by Toys R Us earlier that day and saw that they had a sale on strollers. We found this stroller at Baby's R Us and asked if they had the same deal going on. The lady looked at us like we were crazy, and told us she had no idea what we were talking about, but she was tired and wanted to get off work, so she just GAVE us 30% off the stroller, and we used a gift card to make up for most of the rest! FANTASTIC.

and the best part about this stroller, is that our Chicco car seat fits perfectly into it...and actually matches!


I got the travel system I always wanted, (should have been around $400) and only ended up paying about A FOURTH of that price for both of them combined. BINGO.

Here's the 8 month belly picture (35 weeks) I feel like i'm HUGE but believe it or not, i'm actually measuring small according to the doc. I compared my 7 and 8 month belly pics, and I have to agree, they dont look very much different.

I'm SUPER nervous for my doctors appointment on Wednesday. We are going to discuss the Version (process where they turn the baby upside-down) with the doctor to see if I would be a candidate for it. My fluid has been a little low, so I dont know if it would be too much of a risk to try anything like that...also, I hear a lot of women go into labor while they are trying to flip the baby around and i'm NOT ready to have the baby next week... also i'm a big wimp, and I hear that process is painful, but at the same time... I would do it if it meant not having to have a C-section. SOOOO i'll be nervous if he says that they want to try to flip him, and I will also be nervous if he says that that they wont flip him and I'm going to have a C-section. EITHER WAY I'LL BE NERVOUS. oh wait.... i'm already nervous as it is. haha even if everything goes well, and he flips on his own i'd be nervous, because I just have no idea what to expect about the whole birthing process in general! I'm a mess right now, but I guess all that matters is that he is healthy.

Welp, sorry for the ridiculously long blog post today. I will be surprised if anyone actually reads it all. I'm just in one of my talkative moods tonight, but I can't talk to Jared, because he is doing homework. OH that reminds me! We got Jared's MCAT scores this week, and are very pleased with the turnout. He did great, especially considering he didn't have months of preparation time like most guys do, because he was going to school full time and working, but even still he did very well, and i'm so proud of him. :)

2 comments:

  1. Cheap baby items are the best! Especially when in almost perfect condition!!! We got almost all of ours at a garage sale and the lady had barely even used it. Love.

    All while I was pregnant the one item I wanted more than anything else was a glider but, like you, we just couldn't afford it. I had mentioned to Mark at one point and then forgot about it and figured I would buy one for maybe our second baby when our finances were more secure. BUT he surprised me on my birthday with one!! And I am just telling you now. THANK HEAVENS for it. It makes nursing SO much easier. Good luck at your appointment. Hope it goes well! Try to be flexible... even though its hard. Sometimes these babies have their own idea of when they are coming out and how. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that was so sweet of him! Gliders are so comfy!
    Thanks, im nervous... but im sure it will all work out in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks...for commenting!!