Image Map

Busy Bag Sponges

21 April 2012

Well... I did it. I figured out how to get a toddler to sit still during church.
I tested it out last Sunday, and Kyler sat quietly on Jared's lap for the entire sacrament meeting!
What did I do you may ask?

I made busy bags- designed to keep children quietly entertained on-the-go.

 I got the idea from pinterest...and then I created my own! I will try to post all of the ones I made within the next few weeks. (it took 3 bags to keep Ky busy during church) Some of my busy bags are for pre-toddlers, and other activities I made are deigned for pre-school aged kids (for my future pre-school) So I will let you be the judge of whether or not your child is ready for each activity.

The first busy bag I made is made from sponges! Cheap, quick, easy, and kids LOVE them.

 I bought 2 packs of colorful sponges from Walmart (cost maybe $3?) Then, I put a little water on the sponges and cut them into strips.  I usually give them to Kyler to play with while they are damp, because he loves the cool squishy feeling of them. Oh, and I usually wait for them to dry before zipping them back up in the busy bag for long periods of time.  Kyler also loves playing with these in the bathtub!

Here is what they look like in the actual "busy bag". 


Bags like this are super cheap. I like them because you can easily see what is inside and can just grab it and go! Plus, Ky likes to unzip it and take things out/put them in and re-zip x100. I will definitely be taking this busy bag tonight when we go out to dinner. Kyler is always so wiggly and noisy at restaurants!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I am definitely going to copy that one. I'd love to see/hear about the other ones you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic. Always looking for new busy bag ideas for our 2 year old!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks...for commenting!!