Image Map

Santa Came Early

10 December 2013

We have been lame gift givers to Kyler this year. The reason? He is still too young to expect or care about presents, and this will probably be the last year we can actually get away with it. hah. Poor little guy didn't get a birthday party this year, and we didn't buy him any gifts (besides a few dollar store balloons). We gave him some toys that a friend had given us because her son had outgrown them (a few train sets, legos, and a kid tool bench). He didn't care that his presents weren't new- he loved his birthday and his presents! Especially these little Lego Diego things:

Anyways, Christmas has been/is going to be a lot like his birthday. Basically this year is like:  if it is bought in the month of December then it is a Christmas present! For example, Kyler needed a new car seat this week. Bam! Santa came early:

Besides, birthdays are about celebrating another year of life, and Christmas is about the birth of Christ.

Who needs presents anyways?!

Not my 3 year old :)


3 comments:

  1. You're my hero. I always talk about not actually buying my kids a bunch of crap but...I give into peer and advertising pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're my hero. I always talk about not actually buying my kids a bunch of crap but...I give into peer and advertising pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a refreshing attitude to have! I love it and couldn't agree more. We did the same thing last year. We got Parker a few gifts from a consignment shop for Christmas and called it good. And honestly he was thrilled. I might have gone a tad overboard this year, though ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks...for commenting!!