Image Map

A journey (part 8). Femera and Ovidrel Injection.

24 May 2014

I'm going to copy and paste another piece of our journey towards expanding our family below. If you haven't read the previous parts, you can do so HERE.

***
Today is February 1, 2014. I didn't get any positive OPK's in January either....So today I started my first round of Femera! It is a fertility drug similar to Clomid, but is supposed to work better with women that have PCOS/Endometriosis. Also, Femera supposedly has less side effects, which I'm excited about. The biggest reason my doctor prefers Femara over Clomid is because the risk of twins is extremely low (which is the only reason I would prefer Clomid over Femara haha I'm crazy). I'm kinda nervous about the injection (called Ovidrel) that I will have to give myself in my stomach next week to induce ovulation-I hate shots!  I had an ultrasound and 5 blood tests done last week to check for PCOS, to see if I'm a carrier for any genetic disorders, and any hormonal or potential thyroid problems, and I still haven't gotten my results back.

This is how my arms look (almost) on a weekly basis now from blood work... I wonder what my coworkers think haha.



Please work Femara!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks...for commenting!!