Image Map

I broke the rule

22 November 2011

Kyler is a year old, and has decided that he is too old to take naps and sleep in his crib.  I don't know why but these last two days have been HORRIBLE getting him to sleep!  Usually I put him in his crib, and he'll play and then fall asleep. but these past few days, he cries when I put him in his crib! When I pick him up he is fine...i'll rock him to sleep..and then he cries again when I put him back in his crib. He is usually a pretty solid sleeper too, but the last few nights he will randomly wake up in the middle of the night crying! What in the world is going on here?  SOOO last night, I broke our rule, and let him sleep with us. (after he fell asleep with us we transferred him to his crib later.) One of the reasons we decided not to have our baby sleep with us, is because I think it is a big safety hazard! Also, I don't want him to get attached to sleeping with us, and STILL want to sleep with us when he is 7 years old, and not so little.

Anyways, so after he fell into a solid sleep, we put him back in his crib, and a good thing too, because he was taking up half the bed!
Obviously this is not my child...but exactly how he fell asleep~


His foot kept jabbing me in the ribcage with his foot and his hand kept slapping Jared's face... then he would flip around upside-down, fart, and then roll over again tossing and turning, while flailing his arms. Repeat.

I know it is pretty common for parents to sleep with their babies... some people think that it helps build strong bonds and emotional ties, but I really don't understand how other parents get any sleep? Or maybe ours child is just a crazy sleeper compared to most? hmmmm.... just thinking about that today.
Besides going to the doctors (previous post below) and sleeping at night....lol... he is still our normal happy smiley boy. 


Kyler had his first taste of pizza this week!

2 comments:

  1. my sister sleeps the same way flailing everywhere lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. haahaa...so cute! he got so giddy every time he took a bite!

    Our kids are crazy sleepers as well...they sleep like logs, but they fling their bodies all over the place. We did the same thing when they were younger, but now they are too big, and now if they sleep with us...it's on the floor! they don't care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks...for commenting!!