Image Map

Alva Baby Cloth Diaper Review

17 October 2015

Today, I am doing a review of our Alva Baby Cloth diapers- and although I may receive some free merchandise for doing this review... all thoughts and opinions are my own :) 

Alva Baby offers a variety of cloth diapers. The diapers I tried fall into the category of a "pocket diaper" meaning you stuff an insert (or two) in the back pocket of the diaper.

I admit, I was skeptical at first. Alva Baby cloth diapers are only about $6 each (that's $15+ cheaper than any other cloth diaper I have ever purchased). I was worried that they would leak or give my babies rashes. However, I have been pleasantly surprised! We have not encountered any leaks or rashes with our Alvas. Plus, they are super cute!



My favorite thing about Alva Baby cloth diapers (besides the price) is how trim fitting they are! Here is a picture comparison between Alva and a different brand of cloth diapers. Each cloth diaper pictured has one insert in. Alva baby is the blue diaper, the green is the other brand.

The Alvas, also adjust bigger and smaller than my other brand- with the adjustable size snapping. 
They fit babies from 8-35 pounds.
Here are the diapers adjusted on their largest setting. Again, Alva is the blue diaper. 

...and here are the diapers on their smallest settings. The leg holes on the Alva's get smaller too, for those tiny newborn legs.

We are currently using ours on the medium snap rise, and I love the fit!
They look so comfy! I want this to be as honest as a review as possible, and the only Con I can think of is that the fabric isn't as luxurious as our others- but if your baby is just going to poop in it, I guess that doesn't matter- plus for the price I really can't complain. Cloth diapers totally count as pants in our house. I love snuggling and watching them crawl around in them.

Another product of Alva Baby that I have been trying out are their diaper liners. You place one on top of the diaper. When your baby poops you simply hold it over the toilet and the liner (and all the poo) falls into the toilet, and you flush! Then, you simply throw the diaper in the washer. You guys, it's SO easy and not messy! If you cloth diaper, you need to be using these. You will thank me.

Say what?! Cloth diapering is easy!

Another thing I love about our Alva's is that the material makes it easy to stuff with inserts. 

Overall, we LOVE our Alva Baby cloth diapers and would definitely recommend them! You can find them here: http://www.alvababy.com


Comment below if you liked this post, or have any questions, and I would be happy to answer them!

36 comments:

  1. Alvas were the first diapers I bought, and they're still my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are great too! They look adorable on your baby!

      Delete
  2. I want to to these! Any idea how they would hold up with exclusively breastfed poop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them! Exclusively breastfed poop is the best! You don't even need any liners, you simply take the diaper off and throw it straight in the washer! Breastmilk poo is like magic and dissolves :D

      Delete
  3. Cutest twins ever!!! 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a "clothy" but for $6, I'm willing to try it. Fun review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I wasn't a "clothy" when the twins were born. I bought 2 diapers to start with because I wasn't sure if it would be too much work or to gross or too messy... but I ended up loving it! Worth a try!

      Delete
  5. I'm not a "clothy" but for $6, I'm willing to try it. Fun review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. For real! I can't believe how cheap these are, and they work!

      Delete
  7. I'm not a cloth diaper mama but for that price and 'magic
    Breast milk diapers I'm willing to try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your babies are the best models 😘 and I totally think those diapers count as pants...probably easier to move in too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you! Your little twinners look adorable in their fluffy bums too!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks for introducing me to Alvas ;) <3 you!

      Delete
  11. Oh my goodness. What a great idea. And what adorable twins. Nanci k.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh...they are so cute (the diapers too)! I sure with these diapers had been around when mine were small. I will be buying them for my future grand babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh...they are so cute (the diapers too)! I sure with these diapers had been around when mine were small. I will be buying them for my future grand babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've used Alva Baby exclusively for over a year now and they are holding up just great. I love that they have snaps instead of velcro as my velcro diapers gave out at about the year mark. I am starting to have more leaky diapers, but my baby is constantly eating and drinking. It may be time to start tripple stuffing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tripple stuffing would make for one dang cute FLUFFY butt!

      Delete
  15. I have been looking into buying these so perfect way to give me the push to get some!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your babies make anything look great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. When are we going to hang out? Wanna come over for FHE tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just stumbled upon your blog...I love reading cloth diaper reviews. I use Apple Cheeks and Giggle Life cloth diapers and I always seem to cloth diaper on and off...this time has been my longest stretch but I'm getting frustrated with my washing routine. I recently moved and since then I haven't been able to perfect my wash routine. What is your wash routine? At the moment I am doing a prewash, heavy soil cycle with hot/cold water and Tide powder scooped to just over level 1 (since my cloth diaper safe detergent didn't seem to be doing the trick) and then an extra rinse. I also add in a soaking wet towel to the load since it's a front washer. I do not dry the covers or liners in the dryer because I find it makes the liners stink. I have also been washing my diapers every other day and sometimes I question whether or not I am saving any money since I'm constantly doing laundry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wash routine is similar to yours. I do a rinse cycle, then a cycle with tide fee and clear. Then I hang dry. I wash my cloth diapers everyday. In addition, I have a top load washer, so whenever I have a #2 diaper, I let it run under the water for a few seconds, and it will soak in the washer for the remainder of the day until I am ready to do a load. I found that this prevents stains and smells! I think it still saves money even doing an extra load a day :D

      Delete

Thanks...for commenting!!