Image Map

Good -Today

06 December 2011

Today I woke up KNOWING that today was going to be a bad day.  Our heater broke last night (it's -3 degrees outside) and our apartment is FREEZING. Kyler woke up an hour earlier than normal, which I know is going to throw his whole schedule off....and many other things that disappointed me. Then, I read something that totally changed my perspective, and inspired me to have a GOOD day, despite of how I thought it was going to go.
                                            
                                                      -Have I done any good in the world today?
                                                     -Have I helped anyone in need?
                                                    - Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad?
                                                                      If not, I have failed indeed.
                                                    - Has anyone’s burden been lighter today....
                                                    - Because I was willing to share?
                                                    - Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
                                                    - When they needed my help was I there?
                                                    - There are chances for work all around just now,
                                                    -opportunities right in our way.
                                                    -Do not let them pass by, saying, “Sometime I’ll try,”
                                                    -But go and do something today.

These are some of the lyrics to one of my favorite hymns. I know it's cheesy, but whenever I'm having a bad day, I KNOW that if I just stop what I'm doing and take the time to put myself in the right perspective, by reading something uplifting, (or saying a short prayer if there isn't time) that my day will significantly improve and I'm not doomed to an awful day.  It's a small thing, but it really does help. I have a lot to be grateful for. I'm happy with my life, and  today I'm going to focus on making others happy too. I know I'm not going to change the world by doing a little service for others, BUT:

1 comment:

  1. it's nice to be reminded in those simple ways why we should be happy. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks...for commenting!!