Image Map

Getting Settled

13 June 2012

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I've been so busy unpacking and getting settled in. It is a very long process with a toddler. (Isn't everything?) It's cute watching him try to "help" us with things though. I'm happy to report that every single box is unpacked, and all of the items are where they should go! Wooohoo! Now we are on to the decorating process, which will definitely take longer than a few weeks to complete. Here are some pictures of our progress so far.
This is the entryway:
My parents brought back a board from the beach, and Jared made it into coat rack! I will have to take a close up of it next time. He distressed it, kinda like this http://pinterest.com/pin/68398488060611026/ which is where we got the idea from.

The living room is starting to come together too. We still have some pics to hang and a few other minor details, but you get the idea:
 

Our TV seemed large for our small apartment in college, but now it fits perfectly in our living room. I'm glad we bought it when we did though, because not only did we get it on sale for a good price, but now we are busy buying other necessities like a kitchen table and couch, and definitely wouldn't spend money on a new tv now.
Jared added lights from ikea onto the back of the tv. I think it looks cool!

Our entire house is painted the same color. I like the color, but I wanted something different for Kyler's room. At the same time, I didn't want to spend a whole lot of time and money. Sooo.. I went to the store and got a tiny can of crisp white paint, and my dad and I painted white stripes onto one wall in his room. I'll do a before and after shot of his room:
BEFORE:
His room is the size of my pinky toe.
AFTER:
I love the way it turned out! It adds fun character and makes the room seem bigger.  I know his polkadot bedding doesn't match, but that will change when we switch him into a toddler bed, so I'm just leaving it for now.

Here is Ky "helping" daddy put our table together:
And here is the finished product:

We are putting the decorating on hold for a while, we are both exhausted, and so is our wallet. Our bedroom, front room, 2 bathrooms and the 3rd bedroom are going to have to wait a while before they get decorated. I'll post pics when I do though!

1 comment:

Thanks...for commenting!!