Image Map

Zooing Around

22 November 2012

We have been crazy busy the last few weeks. On Saturday, Jared and I ran in The Color Run 5k, and it was so fun! (running and fun in the same sentence? weirrd) I definitely recommend it. Watch the video if you don't know what it is!

 



We celebrated Kyler and Jared's birthdays this week too! 

Yesterday we went to the drive through zoo!


We bought a few buckets of food to feed the animals from the car windows-the kids loved it.

This Ostrich was taller than our suburban! Mel was afraid it would stick its' long neck through the car and poke her eyes out...she was all "Driive dad driiiive!" and so my dad stopped and rolled down the windows...bahahha I love my fam. 

Here is the story behind these next two pictures, but first you need to know the rules... Rule #12 (Schrammpa made us read the rules four times so I know this rule by heart) it was "do not feed the zebras. They are mean and bite." So obviously when this zebra started to stick its head through my window I "thought fast" and closed the window....


Okay okay, that's not what REALLY happened... what really happened was the whole car started screaming (I was sitting by the opened window on the right side if the car) and of course I wasn't looking until I felt a zebras wet breath and snotty whiskers on my neck. Then I jumped to the opposite side of the car onto my four year old nephews lap and squished my sister, Melanie, flat up against her window (which was closed- she's so smart) Then she yelled "charrrrr! close your window!!" which was kind of impossible considering the zebra was practically sitting in the middle seat next to us by now, but I was brave and kicked the zebra out and managed to close the window with my foot. Basically, I saved the day :)

2 comments:

  1. How scary the Zebra coming in the window!!! AHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete
  2. DRIVE THROUGH ZOO??! sounds awesome!!! and sweet tree!! i seriously love your lil family :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks...for commenting!!