Image Map

First Friend and a not-so-creepy Mom

21 February 2013

Up until today, Kyler has been in the "parallel" stage of play meaning he would play next to other children, but not really play together with them. Today, however, Kyler ventured into the "associate" stage of play which means he started interacting with others in his play, and developed a friendship! He met his first little friend, Alex, at the park today. 

Kyler and Alex are almost exactly the same age. Something just connected between the two of them when they first saw each other. Usually Kyler ignores other kids, but he actually smiled at Alex, and ran away from me and played with him! They played toddler tag (saying "got-chu!"), helped each other down the slides, and also played their own version of hide and seek, all while giggling and talking in their toddler language that had us moms thinking "What are they saying, and how do they understand each other?" It was adorable. I would have taken a picture, but I didn't want Alex's mom to think I was a creep for taking a picture of her child, so I didn't. When it was time to go, I wanted to ask for her phone number, because honestly, this was Kyler's first friend that he actually played with and I wanted them to get together to play again sometime...buuut again, I didn't want her to think I was creepy for asking for her phone number. So I succeeded at not being a creepy stalker mom, but now Kyler will probably never see his first friend ever again.

"Friends are like four leaf clovers, hard to find and lucky to have!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks...for commenting!!