Image Map

One of our family favorite dinners

19 July 2013

This is one of our family favorite dinners. My mom used to make it for me growing up, and now I make it for my own family. It's called Monster Sandwich. It is nothing fancy, but when I'm in a pinch and need to cook fast, this is what I usually fall back on. I was making it for dinner the other night and thought I should post it on the blog, because it is one of those meals that I think other families would probably enjoy just as much as mine does.  Oh and did I mention that it is cheap, quick, and easy to make?! It might not be the prettiest meal ever (actually I just realized my pics make it look gross), but it is delicious.

Monster Sandwich:
Ingredients:
1 loaf french bread
1 lb lean ground beef (or if I'm feeling healthy I'll use ground turkey)
1 can of Cambell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese condensed soup (or if you have kids under the age of 2 I would recommend using Cambell's Cheddar Cheese condensed soup, b/c it is milder) both are great but I personally like the fiesta kind better.
2-3 cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese

-Preheat oven to 350.
-In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef; drain fat. Season with salt, pepper, and a dash of garlic salt.
-Slice the bread hot dog style, but try to not cut completely through it though. Using your hands scoop out the insides of the bread, break into small pieces and set aside. (hint: I usually slice the bread on a sheet of tinfoil that is on a baking sheet)
-Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese onto both sides of the bread.

-Add the Fiesta Nacho Cheese condensed soup into the frying pan with the ground beef
-Fill the empty soup can 1/4 of the way up with water and add that to the pan as well.
-Also add the broken up chunks of bread, and the last half of mozzarella cheese into the pan

-Mix everything together on medium heat until the cheese is melted.
-Pour meat mixture into both sides of the bread.
-Carefully fold the two halves of  bread together.

-Completely wrap the sandwich with tinfoil.

-Bake in oven at 350 for 20-25 minutes
-Bread should be slightly toasted on the outside and soft in the middle-all of the cheese should be melted.
TaDa! Finished!

I usually slice the bread like a normal sandwich for Jared and I, but our 2 year old likes to eat his chopped up. (Yum his looks like monkey brains) He kept asking for more.


Please excuse my cheesy captions- I couldn't help myself. 


It is MMM MMM good! Try it!

1 comment:

Thanks...for commenting!!