Image Map

Don't forget to open the door

28 July 2013

 I have published 301 posts on this blog. I also have 23 posts that are unpublished. Several of those unpulished posts I completed and plan on publishing later. However, the majority of them are posts that I started and never finished. For example, the post below... I don't remember why I was writing it. I assume I had just read a talk or something and wrote down some of my favorite points, but I don't know. I apologize for not knowing. I wrote this several months ago. I just found it today, and thought I would publish it...it seemed like a perfect post for a Sunday :)
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Make our home a place where our children can feel comfortable, safe, and feel the spirit.
-Teach our children to recognize when they feel the spirit.
-Learning the gospel doesn't happen over night. It occurs over a lifetime. Here a little, and there a little.
-Teach our children to understand. Invite spirit, set example, invite them to live what they learn
-We can't clean our own sins, the Savior is needed.
-When we yield to the Lord's will, we will feel his spirit.
-Don't envy others because of their good fortune.
-Don't dwell on old mistakes or grievances. 
-Forgive.
-There is no problem that you can't overcome.
-Through the Savior's atonement, we have the strength to make changes in our lives

Jesus Christ
 I have always loved this picture of Christ. If you notice, there is no door handle. The handle is on our side of the door. Christ is always there. He is waiting for us, but we must take that first step, and open the door to let him in. I know this to be true. Sometimes, when I am going through something difficult, I feel like I'm in the basement of this house, blaring music, so focused on my problem...I can't hear the soft knock of the Savior, longing to help me. However, if I remember to take that first step, and open that door through prayer, suddenly my problem seems easier to handle, and I feel the love that my Savior has for me.

“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.”
 Matthew 7:7-8 

2 comments:

Thanks...for commenting!!