Image Map

A Journey (part 2) --- The Dreaded Due Date.

07 February 2014

If you are new to the blog, or haven't yet read part 1 of our journey, you can do so HERE. I am slowly catching everyone up to where we currently are on our journey towards expanding our family. The next entry that I will copy and paste below was written in April of 2013.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image
Today is April 8, 2013.

We are two weeks away from what would have been my due date.  A day that I once looked forward to, has become a day that I'm dreading. I had hoped that I would at least be pregnant again by my due date, but I'm not.

My doctor told me that I would most likely be pregnant again within a few months- spring at the latest. Spring is here, and we are still waiting; still hoping. The first couple of months after we lost our baby were not easy for me. Liiiiiiike I'd see a pregnancy or birth announcement on Facebook and then next thing I know, I'd be bawling my eyes out. I wasn't sad or upset with my friends- I just couldn't help but wonder why it was everyone else's turn, but not mine...?

Deep down, I always knew the answer to that question. The Lord has his own timing, and just because things aren't working out that way for me, doesn't mean I can't celebrate other's joys. Instead of feeling sorry for myself, I am instead filled with love, gratitude, and patience. Sure, I may have moments where I slip up, (don't we all?) but it's nothing a little prayer can't fix. I've found that having a positive attitude through trials makes all of the difference. Everything will work out and will happen in the Lord's timing. I put my life in the hands of the Lord, and have faith in Him.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

  1. You are so amazing for sharing your story with the blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story, hard as it is to tell, is a gift. Thank you for your courage and grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for both of us in our journey. I'm grateful I don't have miscarriage to add to my list. What a warrior you are! Keep your chin up! I'll keep mine up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. During the wait of everything you have to keep pushing yourself! There are times where it feels like it will never happen. You have a positive outlook and like you said, HE has his own timing. I hope your time comes soon:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks...for commenting!!