Image Map

A Journey (part 3) --- Endometriosis?

19 February 2014

If you are new to the blog, or haven't yet read parts 1 and 2, you can do so HERE. I am slowly catching everyone up to where we currently are on our journey towards expanding our family. I will copy and paste the entry below that I wrote in July of 2013.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Today is July 27, 2013. I know I have written a lot about how I have been feeling and coping with our loss, but today I just wanted to update on what has physically been happening.

We have been TTC for 13 months (9 months post M/C) now with no success, where as before, my previous pregnancies both occurred within a few months. I feel like something is wrong. I went to the doctor a few months ago, and my doc said everything looks fine, but questioned the possibility that I may have developed Endometriosis in my c-section scar tissue. My c-section scar hurts (severely) the day before I'm going to start a new cycle, and also the day a new cycle arrives. I feel kind of like Harry Potter- his scar hurts when Voldemort is near... My scar hurts when AF is nearing-hah.

Endometriosis is something that is not easy to diagnose (it requires surgery to officially diagnose), not life threatening, and can sometimes cause infertility. The doctor told me he is almost positive I have it (my symptoms match perfectly) but he told us not worry about infertility, because I have already gotten pregnant twice. He said we should easily be able to get pregnant again within a few months. As we were leaving the doctor's office, he suggested I try using OPKs.

I've been through many many many boxes of OPKs (even the expensive digital kind!) but I haven't had much luck getting a positive result. However, something happened today for the first time in a long time....I got a positive result on my OPK! I've been waiting months and months for a positive result!


really want to get the same positive result on a pregnancy test in a few weeks, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. It's exhausting to wish and hope...just to be disappointed in the end over and over again. I'm trying to stay positive and do everything that I can, and leave the rest to the Lord.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14 comments:

  1. Char, I just wanted to tell you I think you are so brave. Brave to talk about everything and brave to come to Heather's thing today. I know it can't be easy. SOOO many prayer and happy positive thoughts are coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying!! And it is exhausting...and nerve-wracking...keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will keep updating, I still have 5 more parts that I wrote over the past 7 months that I need to copy and paste on the blog to get everyone updated to where we are today :) It's just a lot of information, so it's easier if I break it up into separate parts. I hope that's not too confusing haha.

      Delete
  3. congratulations on the opk... and i haven't told anyone this but i found out i had endometriosis too a couple months ago... and we've only been married for seven months :( i know some of the pain you're going through. i'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I still have 5 more parts to this story that I need to publish (from the past 7 months). It's crazy what modern medicine can do when bodies don't function the way they are supposed to on there own!

      Delete
  4. Such en exciting thing to see that your body is doing what is supposed to! Praise God :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS exciting that it happened! I wish my body could do that every month, like most women! For me, ovulation only happens about 2-3 times a year naturally. It sure does make getting pregnant tough. I'll keep updating more on this journey, piece by piece :)

      Delete
  5. So exciting! I'm praying for you girl! Those OPK's can be tricky. One time when I was using OPK's I tested negative in the morning but went ahead and tested again later that evening...it was positive...by morning it was negative. If I had waited and only tested again in the morning I would have thought I had never ovulated. They drove me nuts so I quit using them. lol! I can't wait to read the post in which you announce the BIG test is positive :)

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that is crazy that your positive only lasted one night! OPK's are VERY tricky, because they don't work on everyone (i just found out i'm one of those lucky ones they don't work for haha). Sometimes I wish I could just run blood work in my house to check my hormone levels to see what is REALLY going on haha.

      Delete
  6. Well, if we weren't going camping tonight, I'd offer to have Kyler sleep over. Good thing your house is so big. Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! This was back in July of 2013...I just copied and pasted it on the blog today. I can't believe you're goin camping! Better bring a giant blow up bed haha.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I realized that last night as I was falling asleep--that you wrote this in July. But you could've had a little fun last night anyway. Any night is a good night.

      Delete
    3. Hah!! Oh my gosh, I'm pretty sure I just cried I laughed so hard!! You are hilarious.

      Delete

Thanks...for commenting!!