Image Map

A journey... Weeks 20-25~

08 September 2014

We're moving right along.... previous journey posts here.
***
Today is Aug 25, 2014. Things are progressing so well this pregnancy and we couldn't be happier! I'm feeling beyond blessed to be carrying these sweet babies. They truly are miracles!

My ultrasound went very well today. I'm currently 23 weeks, and both babies are measuring about 24 weeks. Baby A (boy) is head down, and Baby B (girl) is breech:
We tried to get a good picture of their faces, but the way they are positioned, they are kicking each other in the face, and both of them had their arms/hands in front of their faces.

Baby Girl held still for a second for us though:

Our ultrasound tech lady said today:  "Your cervix is as long as the nile river. I do believe you were made to carry twins. I think God knew you were going to have twins so he gave you this body." I laughed, but I believe it's true too :)

We've spent a long time thinking about names, but due to my indecisiveness- we decided that we are going to name them when they are born this time.  I thought the planner inside me would go nuts over a decision like this, but oddly, it feels good~!

***
Today is August 30, 2014

This is what my very big twin baby belly looks like at 24 weeks:

After I saw this picture I said to Jared: "I'm not really that huge am I? It's just the shirt right?" 

Jared (not wanting to answer) hesitated.

Instead, Kyler chimed in and said "No, you big mommy. You belly is biiiiig!" (and showed me how big with his arms stretched out as far as they could reach).

Hah, leave it to the kids to be brutally honest. :)

Kyler was a planned C-section, because he was breech. I'm really hoping I will be able to have a VBAC this time, for  a lot of reasons, but ultimately I want to do what is best for the babies even if that means another C-section. There are 12 doctors at the office I currently go to, and so far, only one of those doctors is willing to let me try a VBAC, and that's only IF all of these things happen:

1) I go into labor on my own before 36 weeks.
2) Baby boy his head down (our baby A)
3) Baby boy is bigger than baby girl

So basically the odds of all of those things happing is very slim. As of right now, we're planning on having a c-section at 38 weeks, unless they decide to come earlier, and even then I will still most likely have a c-section. While I'm not looking forward to recovery from a C-section again, I'm definitely not going to complain. I'm so grateful to be pregnant again! We've been so blessed, and I'm not going to worry or stress over the little detail of how they will arrive here--- just counting my blessings :)


7 comments:

  1. Oh man, how exited we are for the FIVE of you! Stay safe and healthy, and hope to see you all soon. Cat-n-Boo-n-Nate-n-Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good perspective. It is so easy to make a plan, but when does life go according to plan? Praying for a safe and healthy Mom and babies. So excited for you guys! You look amazing carrying those babies btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and so true, things hardly ever go according to plan.

      Delete
  3. You look so beautiful. Twin pregnancy definitely suits you. I have been struggling so hard with how to deliver my girls. They are both head down at this point and the doctor feels I am good candidate for vaginal delivery. Of course with this pre-term labor I might not be. Things can change so fast with twins. Either way you will know what the right decision for you is when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look adorable. And happy. I am so excited for you! Girl and a boy! Names are tricky, it might be better to meet them first. Hope the next few months go well for you! I will text you a list of the Drs that I like at your practice :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks...for commenting!!