Image Map

San Fran

10 February 2011

 There is no way we could live in Cali for 3 months and not go to San Fransisco when it's only 1.5 hours away!
I took this pic out of the car window going 65mph , and it actually turned out pretty sweet!
 After Jared spent all week in the lab....literally... from Tuesday until Saturday taking confocal microscope images every 3 hours (yes even in the middle of the night)  we had to take a little vacation to unwind. So, we drove to San Fransisco!  The 1.5 hour drive went by fast and pretty much went like this:



 First stop? FULL HOUSE!!! Only my favoritest (is that a word?) show everrr!!!  I told Jared we had to stop there first because otherwise the sun would be behind the house and we would get really bad pictures, but really I was just SO excited and wanted to see it first.


Oh you know, just me on the steps of FULL HOUSE.  I was so excited I even sang and danced to the show's theme song (you know... "whatever happened to predictability...")  I won't post the video of it though because it's kind of embarrassing.  Jared made fun of me.


Next stop? Ghiradelli square! Where we got the most amazing chocolate bars ever.  Somehow we forgot to get pictures of the actual Ghiradelli Chocolate store? Oh well!


Then we went to Baker Beach...aka nude beach... but luckily everyone was well clothed last Saturday. It was Bauer's first time seeing the ocean!  Jared and I were sure that he would be afraid of the waves (he's afraid of most new things, especially ones that move)  but he surprised us both and bolted out into the ocean.  We threw his tennis ball out into the 5 foot waves and he got pounded, dunked under and tossed around, but every time his little head would pop up and he was immediately searching for his ball again.



I love this picture.  My life wouldn't be complete with out these two.

 Little Ky guy's first time at the ocean!

 My Boys!

 After the beach, we drove across the Golden Gate Bridge. It was 6 bucks just to drive across which was lame, but it was actually kind of fun. The bridge was HUGE, and pictures don't do it justice.  The bridge looks red to me, so I wondered why do they call it the Golden Gate Bridge anyways?  I looked up the answer online and it said "It is called the Golden Gate Bridge, because it refers to the Golden Gate Strait which is the entrance to the San Fransisco Bay.  It was named by Army Captain Fremont in 1846."  ummm well I think that is a dumb answer, and I also think they should paint the bridge gold to match its' name :) but that's just me.

Our last stop was Chinatown!  We didn't get there until it was already dark, but even still, it was pretty sweet.  We got some awesome firework/snap pop things... you know the kind where you throw them on the ground and they make a sound?  Well these ones are so loud, they sound like a gunshot!  Sorry the picture is blurry, we just took it out the car window as we were moving. Typical tourists lol.

It felt like we went on a really long vacation, but after the short drive home, we were able to sleep in our OWN bed.  Well, actually our own air mattress, our real bed is still in Rexburg, and that's the only thing I miss about Rexburg. Okay I miss some of my friends too, and the comfortable atmosphere. oh and our tv, but that is IT. lol. Anyways,  San Fran was AWESOME and I can't wait to go back in a few weeks :)

3 comments:

  1. I love your pictures, they all turned out so good! And you have a few really cute family pictures!

    And I too would have been singing along with you to the Family Matters song!....I loved that show! That is really cool that you can go see the house....can you go in it, or does someone live there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun trip, Char!!!
    Cool you got to see the full house house haha (not family matters lol mere)! Is there really that little green field in front of it like on the show where they have the picnic???
    I want som G chocolate!!!
    Cute pics of you guys... I LOVE that one of Kyler, Jared, & Bauer w/ the wave in the background and the sun... it's so pretty!
    So Jared pretty much has his own little newborn at work having to get up every 3 hrs huh?! hahaha I agree about the Golden Gate Bridge. Paint it GOLD! Cool! hahaha
    And last- maybe that's what your neighbors have instead of real guns- those fireworks! hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL mel you crack me up!

    and There are actual people that live in the Full House house, but they are used to people taking pictures in front of it.

    Also, the green field in the show is actually a park several miles away lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks...for commenting!!