Image Map

Topsail Island Part 1

08 April 2013


Before I write about vacation, let me start with Easter! I guess we were having so much fun that the blog completely slipped my mind and I didn't take a single picture. Ooops! We celebrated Christ's resurrection at church-which was amazing. At home, Jared and I also put together a little Easter egg hunt for Kyler, which he LOVED. We also gave him a few balloons and a kite. We skipped the egg dyeing festivities this year. I figured a two year old and egg dye in the same room would be a disaster waiting to happen- so maybe next year! Then we ended the day with a beautiful family dinner at my parents' house with Calvin and Courtney.

Now, onto vacation. We joined my parents at the beach house late Thursday night. Friday morning, Kyler woke up. Walked to the door. Reached up to turn the door knob....and promptly barfed all over the floor. I of coursed panicked, thinking that our vacation was doomed to be The Bartlett Bug all over again. If you don't know what that is, picture 16 people in my family at the Lucky Leaf (our beach house) all simultaneously getting the stomach bug during Christmas break in '09. When that many people are barfing at the same time, 4 bathrooms suddenly isn't enough for one house. It was bad horrible.
 
Meanwhile Jared was grateful Kyler had only had water in the past 12 hours for an easy clean up, and Kyler, the most cool and collected of the three of us just said "Uh oh. Lawter (water) while he pointed to the barf on the floor. After a bath and a little Tylenol, he was good to go the rest of the day.Thankfully we didn't get a repeat of The Bartlett Bug.
 
Our first day at the beach was kinda cold and rainy so we lounged around the house for most of the morning.  Then we went to a local Topsail Island tourist shop where we briefly lost Kyler for 2 minutes because he was running like a wild maniac and the store was packed full of tacky tourist clothing and fridge magnets. We found him on the other side of the store hanging up some bikinis that had fallen on the floor-haha. The sun finally showed up in the afternoon, and we took Kyler out to the beach to try out his new kite.
 He loved it!
 
 We ended the day to a delicious dinner at Max's Pizza (a family favorite) and then we went to the park, and enjoyed a beautiful sunset on the boardwalk!
1. Jared doing a flip out of the swing for Kyler's entertainment. 2. My cute parents. 3. Kyler gathering rocks to throw in the water. 4. The resulting ripples from Jared and my dad skipping rocks

Stay tuned for part 2 up next~

2 comments:

  1. wow, that throw up story....impressive! That would be one unfortunate house if there was only one bathroom :).
    Glad you got some beach/away time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, i feel that i noticed you visited my site thus i
    came to go back the favor?.I am trying to in finding things to
    improve my web site!I assume its ok to make use of a few of your ideas!
    !

    my web site; weightloss programs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks...for commenting!!