Image Map

The Forgotten Blanket

25 August 2013

On Friday night Jared and I went to an orientation dinner for Wake Forest's MBA program . It was at the dean of Wake Forest's MBA program's house...and his house was the biggest house I've ever been inside in my entire life! I wanted to take a picture, but didn't want to look creepy/weird...so I didn't. Typically our date nights involve Netflix and ice cream at home. Not that there is anything wrong with that (I LOVE those dates!) but it was nice to get a babysitter and go out on a nice date.

Kyler loves babysitters, but we've never had one put him to bed before, so I was a little worried. In the middle of the party I got a text from our babysitter that said something like this:

" Kyler is looking for his green blanket and won't go to bed without it. Do you know where it is?"

Then I panicked-I knew exactly where it was.

*In his preschool classroom that was locked up for the weekend*

Kyler has never slept a night in his life without his green blanket! He was really upset, but somehow she magically managed to get him to sleep by the time we got home! I love babysitters!!

However, Kyler did wake up in the middle of the night crying for his green blanket FIVE times on Friday night (of course earlier that day I was just bragging to my friends about what a good sleeper Kyler has always been...apparently not so much when you take away his favorite blanket!). Yesterday I went through a box of Kyler's old baby things in search of a replacement blanket and found this blue one he used when he was a newborn. The fabric feels similar to his beloved green blanket, and blue is his favorite color, so I hoped it would work as a temporary replacement.



 Kyler was so excited to see his old blue blanket, even though it is much too small for him.

He gratefully accepted it as a temporary replacement, and napped soundly without crying at all :)

Saturday night he slept great with the replacement blanket. Hallelujah!  Before bed he informed me that: "Green key key (that's what he calls his blanket) at pweeschool an go pweeschool Monday!" I love how much he is talking/understanding these days...though I highly doubt he knows when Monday is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks...for commenting!!