Image Map

Christmas 2013

30 December 2013

I always think reading blog posts about other people's vacations are boring (unless of course the vacation takes place somewhere super cool). Utah, is only kinda cool so I'm going to keep this short and sweet, and combine my millions of photos into a few collages, and combine the thousands of words I could say about our vacation in Utah into a few short sentences.

1. Spending time with family. Games. Food. Movies. Laughing. That pretty much sums up our vacation.





2. My favorite part of the trip was going to the Jordan River Temple. Every time I go to the temple, I always feel so much closer to my Heavenly Father, and  I feel uplifted. I love the temple.  The closest temple we have here in NC is about 2 hrs away, and it is so hard to find babysitters for that long...so we took advantage of being so close to so many temples in Utah and of course free family babysitters!


3. We went to see the Christmas lights on temple square. We had 21 family members (including our nieces and nephews) come with us. It was hilarious trying to all stay together with the other 800 families that were there too. The outdoor nativity presentation was beautiful too with the Christmas story being read from the bible, music, and lights.


We've only been home 2 days, and we already miss our families so much. We are looking forward to our next trip to Utah!

Oh ps. My sweet parents  (who are serving a church mission in Chile) were published in an article in the Liahona magazine! Kyler's name was mentioned in the article....in the words of my mom "How's your Spanish?" ;)

2 comments:

  1. oops, I wasn't finished with that first comment...Iwalani was talking to me. I meant to say, How cool about your parents in the Liahona! Your trip looked like so much fun :). I grew up going to the Jordan River temple. I too miss having nearby temples, and having so many to choose from.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks...for commenting!!