Image Map

Called to Serve!

03 March 2013

My parents have been called to serve as missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! They submitted all of the necessary paperwork, and have been waiting to hear back where they would be needed. Yesterday they got the letter in the mail that said where they would be serving...so the whole family gathered together via Google Hangout- my parents and I were here in North Carolina, Ben was in Las Vegas, Emily in California, Melanie in Texas, and Calvin was in Atlanta, but we were all able to see them open the letter at the same time. I love technology these days!


Just in case you didn't watch the video, they will be serving in the Chile Vina Del Mar mission for 23 months starting on July 1st! My dad is fluent in Spanish already and my mom is working hard and learning. We are going to miss them, but I know they will be doing great things, and I am excited for them and the new adventures they will be having in Chile! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Char! Following you from Jessica @NC Grown page since she linked up with my 'I love our sponsors' link up (http://www.mostlyhappenstance.com/2013/03/atypical-sponsor-love.html). I can't wait to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting! This is amazing! My parents are inner city missionaries & it is crazy!

    we&serendipity

    ReplyDelete

Thanks...for commenting!!